As the title implies, this site will continually update changes and trends in anger management services, research,referrals and provider training. In addition, books,CDs,videos and DVDs used in anger management programs will be introduced.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Terry Gilbert: Poster Boy for Anger Management Providers

Terry Gilbert: Poster Boy for Anger Management Providers

Terry Gilbert, a retired teacher, spends 12 hours per week at his small anger management practice and smiles all the way to the bank. He proudly acknowledges that over the last three years, he has averaged $3200 in income per month. That’s not bad for such a modest investment.

For the past three years, Terry has used the same small conference room in the Double Tree Inn on Arden Way in Sacramento. He conducts anger management groups on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, as well as all day on Saturdays. He is permitted by the Hotel to use address as his official business address.

After Terry completed his training, which, incidentally, was held in the same Double Tree Inn Hotel, Terry immediately met with a hotel representative; he explained his interest in renting a small conference room on a long term, 6 month basis for his new anger management practice. To Terry’s surprise, the Hotel offered him a modest weekly rate: three days per week for $150. Terry was successful in quickly getting his practice recognized by the courts, probation and H.R. Departments for the Sacramento area.

Terry Gilbert sought certification in anger management as a means of supplementing his retirement. Now, he acknowledges that his success is far greater than he had ever dreamed.

Terry is a loyal Anderson & Anderson provider who initially completed the 40 hour certification, completes 16 hours of continuing education each year, and uses the materials necessary to make his classes effective, including assessments, DVDs, books, and posters. He is an active member of the American Association of Anger Management Providers where he serves as Secretary.

Terry Gilbert discusses the secrets to his success.

How I did it.

1. I took all of the training offered by Anderson & Anderson while carefully studying the reference material just as I did in my former profession as an educator.
2. I joined the American Association of Anger Management Providers and agreed to work in any way possible.
3. I followed the recommendations made in the Suggested Guide for Anger Management, which is given out in the Anderson & Anderson trainings.
4. I purchased all of the client workbooks, posters, DVDs, videos and other material suggested for use in my anger management practice.
5. I routinely advertise on Google, Yahoo and the website of the American Association of Anger management Providers.
6. I provide a good service to my clients and cooperate with those who refer to me.
7. I make referral of clients outside of my area exclusively to other certified Anderson & Anderson Anger Management Providers.
8. I make certain to include my status as an Anderson & Anderson Certified Provider in my ads, website and all printed material regarding my practice.

-Terry Gilbert, CAMF
Capital Anger Management/Executive Coaching
http://www.capitolangermgt.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home